Monterey & Carmel "Christmas"
Dates: December 15-18, 2019
Meets: Su, M, Tu and W from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Location: Offsite Tour Location N/A
Deposit Fee Double Occupancy: $100.00
Sorry, we are no longer accepting registrations for this course. Please contact our office to find out if it will be rescheduled, or if alternative classes are available.
- 4 Day Package 5 Meals Included
- Per Person Price: $899 Double Occupancy / $1159 Single Occupancy
- Deposit: $100 pp
The Monterey Peninsula has been described“the greatest meeting of land and sea...” For centuries, artists, poets, explorers and novelists have been drawn to the rugged beauty here; from the crashing surf to the towering redwoods and unspoiled wildlife. The Monterey Peninsula is the embodiment of the quintessential California spirit, and when it’s charmingly decorated for the holidays, these exceptional qualities join together, delivering a sense of timelessness and re-connection. We invite you on this unique and festive coastal escape to California’s Central Coast to explore with us the cypress groves, historic towns, world-renowned aquarium and exceptional stories that make the Monterey Peninsula so special.
- Enjoy a three night stay in the heart of Old Monterey at an upscale, bayfront, AAA four-diamond hotel beautifully decorated for the holidays and within walking distance of Monterey’s Fisherman’s Wharf
- Ride along California’s coast from Oxnard to San Luis Obispo aboard the deluxe Coast Starlight train, featuring a dining car and observation car for spectacular views of the ocean and Vandenberg Air Force Base
- Guided tour of the Monterey Peninsula with a local guide highlighting Cannery Row, Pacific Grove, historic Monterey and the sights along the famed 17-Mile Drive with an optional visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Guided tour of the Monterey Peninsula with a local guide highlighting Cannery Row, Pacific Grove, historic Monterey, the sights along 17-Mile Drive and an optional visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Enjoy time at leisure to explore the quaint boutiques and galleries in Carmel and visit the Carmel Mission
- Travel to the Salinas Valley to visit the National Steinbeck Center and enjoy an included lunch at the Steinbeck House, the beautifully restored Victorian House that was once the home of John Steinbeck and his family
- Enjoy time for Christmas shopping in the Danish village of Solvang
Fine Hotels / Great Locations:
- Nights 1-3: Portola Hotel & Spa - Monterey, CA
|Course Fee (Basic)||Deposit Fee Double Occupancy||$ 100.00|
|Course Fee (Alternate)||Deposit Fee Single Occupancy||$ 100.00|
|Course Fee (Alternate)||Deposit/Double Occ/Parking||$ 120.00|
|Course Fee (Alternate)||Deposit/Single Occ/Parking||$ 120.00|
Offsite Tour Location N/AUnless otherwise instructed, your tour guide mototcoach will pick you up at the Glendale College upper parking lot (Lot B). Parking at the college is $3 per day. PLease arrive 20-30 minutes prior to departure time to park your car, pay for your parking permit at the kiosk, place your parking permit on your dashboard, and board the motorcoach.
Refunds, minus a 20% processing fee, for cancellations will only be given if your seat can be resold by the office. You may send someone in your place with the permission of the office.
Good Times Travel
|12/15/2019||Sunday||7 AM to 6 PM||Offsite Tour Location N/A|
|12/16/2019||Monday||7 AM to 6 PM||Offsite Tour Location N/A|
|12/17/2019||Tuesday||7 AM to 6 PM||Offsite Tour Location N/A|
|12/18/2019||Wednesday||7 AM to 6 PM||Offsite Tour Location N/A|